Arranging a Funeral
On the initial call when your contact Mashfords Funeral Service, you will be asked brief details regarding:
- The Name of the Deceased
- Home Address
- Place and Time of Death
- The Deceased's GP
We’ll also need your full name, address, telephone number, and relationship to the deceased. If a decision has been made regarding whether the deceased is to be buried or cremated, this will be recorded.
If the deceased has died at home, arrangements will be made to remove them to the funeral home. An appointment will be made by the funeral director to visit you to discuss the arrangements, which will take approximately 1 hour. The designated funeral director will deal with you personally up to the day of the funeral and can be contacted after the funeral for help and support.
The arrangements include:
- Obtaining Information about the Deceased
- Recording Details of the Client
- Completing the Necessary Documentation
- Contacting the Minister or Officiant Regarding the Funeral Service
- Discussing Hymns or Music
- Arranging Transportation
- Removal of the Deceased from the Place of Death
- Preparing the Deceased for Viewing
- Placing Announcements in the Newspapers
- Arranging Floral Tributes
- Organising Venues for Catering
- Offering Choice of Coffin or Memorialisation
Attention is given to individual requests.
When the arrangements have been finalised, a written confirmation of the details, together with an estimate of expenses including disbursements, is then issued. The only aspect of the arrangements that has to be carried out by the family is registration, and advice in this direction will be given.